Sunday, May 31, 2009

NYC Picnic update

NYC Picnic update :

This was not an Adopt A Sailor event ---just some wonderful Navy Moms that needed to be recognized.

~~Brenda had sent me a video of the whole park and there are about 1000 people just doing their Memorial day things. They have a caution taped off area that they are making the food and the picnic tables for our troops. She just called crying and made me cry too ---she says *Molly 25 Marines just got off the bus and the whole park starts cheering and clapping people are coming up to the tape area to watch the guys come in. Greeting them and shaking hands --the PGR showed up and she just called me when I was writing to you all and the crowd is screming and cheering now the sailors have arrived. She said every body is standing up from the blankets and cheering ---- I could hear them on the phone. OHHH The tears !! God Bless them --- they are getting cheers and cheers for what they give to us !!!






I can tell you that SueS from NY, Brenda from Texas and others (names will follow once I know) are having a free BBQ for 75 Sailors and 25 Marines in Staten Island on midland beach. They recieved funding through a company CNA that was filtered through the USO, who will also be providing entertainment for this event. This is what it is all about Moms !! Support and saying thank you. I love that we all have our nitch yet work together for the same cause. This was just a Navy mom who wanted to serve a BBQ to some sailors. They went out and got the help --and WHAM. The Navy is providing rides to the sailors, they are not sure yet how the Marines are coming (probably in the back of Navy moms cars ) I put information on twitter for them and invited any active military member to attend if in the area.This was not sponsered by anyone-until this mom went to her company and got the help. (I wish I knew that navy moms name ) Anyway A Big Thank you to our Fleet week Moms out there on their mission this weekend. BRAVO ZULU Moms ----- there is nothing a Navy Mom cant do !!! HOOYAH

No comments:

Post a Comment