Saturday, May 30, 2009

4th of July Party in Afghanistan

Hi and Hello to the most wonderful NAVY Moms/Dads/Loved Ones on this planet!!

I’ve kept a secret for a very long time, and it’s time to let the cat out of the bag.

Molly contacted me February 18th. Yes, this is my personal best on secret keeping. She wanted to know what I thought about being the Mom of the month….for July, but why are you contacting me now?

Instead of adopting for just one month, we are adopting our group to begin delivery so they can have the best 4th of July on record in the sandbox!!! We want them to have all the fixin’s by July 4th.

EVERYONE, WE ARE SENDING THEM THE BIGGEST AND BEST 4TH OF JULY ON RECORD.
YES, I’M YELLING.
WE ARE THROWING A PARTY IN AFGHANISTAN FOR A HUGE GROUP OF 129 SEABEE’S!!


WITH MUCH LOVE FROM ALL THEIR NAVY MOMS, NAVY DADS AND NAVY LOVED ONES.
Holy Goodness Gracious!!! Whew. This is big.
What does this all mean exactly?

We want to send them a piece of home from every state!!! Every state in the union!!! 50.
5-0 and I know we "can do" this. --Get it...SeaBee motto: Can do. I crack myself up.

That means, POSTCARDS from your state.
Send a postcard of your beautiful state to let them know how much they are appreciated and loved by all their Navy Moms! Navy Dads & Loved Ones too!! Get everyone involved, we will tally the postcards, and locations of each.
Our goal is a postcard from every single state!

Those of you that are having get-togethers, and packing parties, send your state. Whatever that means to you. State Birds not allowed. Do not send livestock. Yikes!

BUT WE ALWAYS WANT TO INCLUDE SOME RED, WHITE AND BLUE!

Wait, do you hear the screeching brakes in your head. Good, because we can’t have one single firework, sparkler, or even a popper. I’m sure you will visit me in jail if we even try something like that. That would be way bad.
The above has been a public service announcement along with Staci’s conscience; she really doesn’t want to have anything to do with jail.

DETAILS:

OPERATION PARTY IN THE SANDBOX DATES:

START SENDING THE LOVE JUNE 9TH AND COMPLETE BY JUNE 16TH


Let's all sign the same thing this month, when we send our postcards/letters/etc.

Love Molly's Adopt a Sailor Mom
Your name here

We want them to start recognizing our big group, and we can do this by "Brand Image" --I think that's what they call it in the marketing world. I don't really know since I'm in the computer world, but I think you know what I mean.

AND we are ultimately shooting for the stars on our adoptions!

No comments:

Post a Comment